Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jalen's Pay It Forward



Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward"
"Pay it Forward" means to do  a random act of kindness to a person or to people. This means trying to help them do something and the person you help could help another person thus is what causes a ripple effect. When you do your act of kindness you have to say to "Pay it Forward".  This is the kind of thing to make someone smile and male their day.

Part 2
What was your Pay it Forward act of kindness?
My pay it forward act of kindness was for me to shovel my cousins house but since I live next door to my cousins house I decided to shovel both houses twice for my pay it forward.


Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because people don't like to go outside because it's to cold so I figured it would be smart for me to shovel for other
                                                            people to make their day.                  


Who did you help?
I decided to help my cousins and my own family by shoveling their houses, example  passageways,backyards and garage entrance and stairs.

When did you do your act of kindness?
I did my act of kindness on December 29th and January 3rd because before January 3rd it snowed really hard and I wanted to shovel a lot more than I did on December 29th.



Part 3
How did your act of kindness go and what happend ?
My act of kindness went smoothly as it can be there was only a couple of times I had to have breaks because it was to cold.. I started from the backyard so we could be able to walk to the garage. After that i shoveled the garage entrances when it was all done I went to the front yard and I shoveled the walkways. Then I ended it off by shoveling the stairs.

How did you feel?
I felt very responsible and proud of myself when I finished shoveling the houses. It made me take huge step in responsibility. Now I know how people feel when they do something nice to other people, it is a great feeling to have inside.

How did the person react?
My mom was thankful that I shoveled outside for them because she knows it's really cold outside. For my cousins they don't know that i shoveled for them because i didn't tell them.

Did you tell the person to "Pay It Forward"? And how did they react to the request?
Yes I did ask my mom to Pay it Forward and she gladly said she would try to pay it forward for someone else. Right after I told her this she asked if there was a due date for pay it forward, and I said no, just do it when you.

If you didn't ask the person to "Pay it Forward, How come?
I didn't ask them to pay it forward because I didn't want to disturb them because they might have been doing something else important. Also I wanted them to think of who did this for them and why. Hopefully this would make them think to help somebody.



Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward", important?
I think the idea of pay it forward is really important because it's trying to make a difference in the world. Pay it forward is trying to help people or a person and that person or people have to try and help another person. This is what causes a ripple effect and the number of people will increase every single time. This is why I think Pay it Forward us important.

Has your act made a difference?
I think mine made a difference because after I shoveled my mom told me that I am going to shovel when my dad is working, but it made a difference for me because it made me think of how much we have and how much people don't have. This is an idea to make someone else smile. Another difference that I made was saving peoples time. Instead of shoveling they could do something else instead. So yes I think my act of kindness made a difference.


This is my Pay It Forward!







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment