Sunday, January 5, 2014

Joyce's Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward 2014
By: Corinne, Alieha, Rose May, Marla Mae, Tiana and Me (8-16).

Part 1:
Pay it forward is when someone you do an act of kindness towards specifically three people. You can help people just by helping them (opening the door for someone, donate toys to hospitals etc.). It's also when a person chooses to change the world just by helping people. The person they helped doesn't repay them but goes and helps someone else instead.



Part 2:

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
The pay it forward act of kindness I did was writing letters to the employees in a hospital. The hospital that I went to was Health Science Centre - Children's Hospital. I wrote on how hard they work on to take care of the kids that are checked in the hospital.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I wanted to thank the employees and nurse for their hard work towards the kids in the hospital. Also because I want the nurses to start a great new year

Who did you help?
I helped the employees/nurses in the Children's Hospital.

When did you do your act of kindness?
I did the act of kindness in January 4, 2014 with five of my friends Corinne, Alieha, Rose May, Marla Mae and Tiana.

Part 3:

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went better than I thought. I actually really enjoyed visiting the Children's Hospital.

What happened?
We went to the third floor of the Children's Hospital since they said that the other floors were closed. Once we arrived to the third floor, we went to the lady at the desk and told her that we have toys to donate and letters to give to the employees. She was completely surprised since we had lots of things with us and letters. We told her about the "Pay It Forward" project that we were doing and what it meant. She called the other employees to take a picture with us. She was definitely thankful towards us and asked us for the schools address so that they can send a letter thanking us for our donation.

How did you feel?
Honestly, I felt really stressed. When I found out that I couldn't bring old toys to the hospital, I got even more stress. So, that's when I decided to make cards for the employees instead. I didn't really make enough for all the employees in the hospital since I ran out of paper. Once I got to the hospital and gave them by cards, my stress was relieved. I felt calm and happy that time.

How did the person or people react?
The employees were grateful and thankful towards my group. When I realized that they were happy about it, I became really happy.

Did you ask the people or person to "Pay It Forward"?
Yes we did. We explained what "Pay It Forward" was and they said that they will pay it forward.

How did they react to your request?
They're reaction looked like they were really happy and grateful. They even said that they will pay it forward. They also said that they would send us a letter afterwards.

Part 4:

Why is the idea of "Pay It Forward" important?
I think the idea of "Pay It Forward" is important because it can change a persons life and change the world. Once the person's life has changed, they can decide to do an act of kindness towards another person.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
In my opinion, I kind of think it did. I think this because it can actually make a difference towards the kids and the employees. With the letters we gave to the nurses and the toys we gave to the kids, I think it can make a difference towards their lives. It may not be that different to the kids but I know that they're happy with the toys we gave them. Also, I'm very proud of my group for doing this even if not all of us can join in. I'm proud of myself and my group since I think that we did something really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment