Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nina's Pay it Forward

PART ONE
Pay it Forward is the process in which you commit small acts of kindness towards others. Those people must understand the meaning behind your act to be able to keep the kindness going. They will choose to be nice to others, just like you have done to them, and it will make an impact on the world. By committing your small act, others will also follow your guide and do the same. The kindness will keep spreading all because of that one person, YOU.

PART TWO
My Pay it Forward act of kindness was donating my family's old clothes that they no longer use to the Salvation Army Thrift Store, and to some people who happened to be outside the Siloam Mission building.

I chose this activity because I asked my parents what possible things I could do for this project beforehand and they told me that I should donate to help those of the less fortunate. I decided to donate something that people who aren't as lucky as us don't have. I knew that they would need it, especially in this weather.

I helped some people who happened to be outside the Siloam Mission building.

I offered some clothes to people to keep them warm from the snowy, cold weather and I gave them some if they accepted it.

I did my act(s) of kindness on December 27, 2013.








PART THREE
My act(s) of kindness went pretty good in my opinion.

At the Salvation Army, I asked the lady working there if she would accept my donation of clothing there. She told me that they were more than welcome to be taken in, and she thanked me for them.
At Siloam Mission, a couple of strangers accepted my offer of clothing. I allowed them to look into the several clothing bags I had and to take what they wanted. One man only took one shirt, while the rest took more. I asked him if he wanted to take more, and he told me that he was thankful for what he had and that he knew that others were in need of clothing too.

I felt proud of myself for helping those of the less fortunate. They reminded me to be thankful for what I already have, instead of wanting more, and that I should stop taking things for granted. I should think of others before myself if I ever want more than what I actually need.

The lady at the Salvation Army seemed impressed that a person at such a young age, such as myself, chose to bring in a donation. The people that I met outside of Siloam Mission were happy about receiving clothes, even if they looked worn out.

Yes, I've asked all the people I've met that day to Pay it Forward.

Some of them ignored my request but that's okay because the rest told me that they'd try their best to do so. One man at the Salvation Army overheard my request that I discussed with the lady, and he asked me if it was a school project and if I watched the movie. I stayed there for a while talking to the lady and man, discussing the whole Pay it Forward project to them.

PART FOUR
The idea of Pay it Forward is important because it teaches others that at least a small act of kindness can make a big difference in the world. It encourages people to do nice things for others, just like others have done to them.

My act of kindness might have made a difference. I am unaware of the whereabouts of the clothing my family once had, but it may be with people who were once in need of a new pair of clothing.






No comments:

Post a Comment